Hey everybody! It’s time to continue our little series for how to style yourself depending on your body shape.
If you want to see last week’s post about apple shapes, click here
Our focus today is pears!
Women (myself included) who are pear-shaped carry their weight right below the waistline, meaning their shoulders and waist are smaller in proportion to their hips, thighs, and booty. In order to detract from the hips, which are the widest points of the silhouette of the pear, pears should focus on their arms and shoulders.
- A-line or full skirts
- Brightly-colored and patterned shirts and blouses
- Jackets that skim the waist or mid-thigh
- Flat-front pants with a wide leg that skim the hips
- Cargo pants
- Bottoms with pocket detail
- Patterned or lightly-colored pants
- Straight skirts
- Dresses with structured bottoms (finding dresses with A-line or flowy skirts gives your lower body a lot more room than a body-biased dress.
Neckline: Boat neck and STRAPLESS! Also, try to go for a lot of neckline detail to detract attention from your lower body.
Dress: A sleeveless or spaghetti-strap styles that have either an A-line or a full skirt, so that they accentuate your upper half.
Jeans: Mid-rise waistbands and wide legs to accommodate thighs. Try some boot-cut jeans with large pockets to minimize the booty.
Bathing suits: A suit with a high-cut bottom that elongates your legs that are made in a darker color. On top, go for pieces that have ruching or ruffles or bold prints and colors. If you are gunning for a one-piece, try to look for padded cups that enhance your bust.
Woohoo! Another edition of HTSYS done! I’ll be updating you guys next week with the hourglass shape.
As always, have a lovely day!